RE: KONY dick

JOSEPH KONY IS ONE OF THE WORLD’S WORST WAR CRIMINALS AND I SUPPORT THE INTERNATIONAL EFFORT TO ARREST HIM, DISARM THE LRA AND BRING THE CHILD SOLDIERS HOME.

KONY 2012 from INVISIBLE CHILDREN on Vimeo.





Hmmm ok, I need to write something about this video. Perhaps that should have been done before; I mean some explanation; as certain reason has to lay behind this post. And it does.
Well... Yes, I do know the evil world of class segregation, and the heart-melting attempts of American film (even short film) productions, which put the USA in the spot light, leaving the rest as the help needing and help seeking, hopeless nations. And yes, this short film must have been done by a smart person who knows exactly what to include in the shoots, so the right message is send. What happened is that my friend got very excited about this image, about my choice of posting it, and expressed her feelings and concerns about it. Her arguments were very straight forward, right I believe, and they even made me feel sort of guilty of ‘fallowing’ the link spreading action of this one.
Then I gave it a thought and, maybe it wasn’t the right choice of mine to just leave this post without any comment in the first place.
Anyways, I like that there are things in the world that make us to talk and discus these issues of segregation, these issues based on the old and still not digest topic of whiteness as property, these issues of race and power. Also, how these things are represented or maybe misrepresented raises many questions and emotions.
However, as I answered to my friend I will also write in here; I would love to believe in the idea behind this action and the hope this brings us. I miss that a lot in contemporary world, politically and money based world I know.